Sunday, January 27, 2013

We are the church together

I am the Church, You are the Church, We are the Church together.
 
Leaving a fundraiser today for a mission that a local couple founded this Sunday School song was repeating in my mind. A fun song that we sang most Sundays growing up doesn't have the same meaning then as it does now. As little girl this song was fun to sing and point to myself my best friend next to me and then to all in our tight nit one room Sunday School. As with most Sunday School songs they were engraved in my memory and the true meaning of their lyrics I can slowly understand more and more each day.

Looking around the room today at the fundraiser there were people represented from many churches in our community that are all part of the "church" all there to support the common goal of spreading the love of Jesus. We all are the Church together!

No comments:

Post a Comment