Sunday, September 23, 2012

I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. 1 Samuel 1:27


My husband and I had been married for just over 3 years, had graduated from college and just bought our first business. Everything had gone as plan and the next logical step in life was to start our family. We didn't have any idea how hard it would be for us to get pregnant and ultimately have our first son. We had been trying to get pregnant for over a year with no success when we finally got pregnant but it ended in miscarriage only a few months into the pregnancy. This was when we started a bible study on the book of Samuel. Hannah was barren and prayed to the Lord for a child.


 And she made a vow, saying, "Lord Almighty, if you will only look on your servant's misery and remember me, and not forget your servant but give her a son, then I will give him to the Lord for all the days of his life, and no razor will ever be used on his head." 1 Samuel 1:11


Not only did Hannah ask for a child, she asked for a son that she would ultimately give up. When Hannah was blessed with a son she took her child to the house of the Lord and give him to Eli (the high priest), as soon as he was weaned. This is a story of faith and obedience, which hit home as I wanted a child so bad. Not only were my husband and I praying to be blessed with a child, our small group was praying for us as well.  Two years after the miscarriage our first son Hoyt was born and then two years after that our second son Jayce was born. The Lord answered our prayers with two healthy sons (both born early but healthy). I did not have to give my sons up as Hannah did but I do strive to raise them to love the Lord.


This wall graphic is what is installed above my youngest son Jayce's crib.



Etsy Listing 1 Samuel 1:27, Jayce

No comments:

Post a Comment